Raptor Reflector 8 inch air cooled
- SIZE MATTERS! Hydrofarm's Raptor reflectors were designed with our customers' needs in mind. You wanted bigger, broader, brighter light coverage... our engineers designed it. Maximum air cooling with built-in flanges. Comes complete with cord set, hinged frame, tempered glass, and wire hangers.
- BRIGHT – Full four-sided specular 95% reflective European hammertone interior
- BEST IN CLASS – Engineered design delivers optimum light efficiency
- STRONGER & MORE DURABLE – Multi-point reinforced pre-galvanized steel construction and corrosion-proof electro coating
- Tempered, sealed glass lens
- Fully gasketed and sealed for effective heat isolation and cooling
- Built-in aerodynamic socket, instructions, and hanging hardware
Hydrofarm: Raptor Reflector - Out of the Box
My lamp, ballast and reflector combination is not working. How can I fix this?
For traditional mogul type lamp systems: The problem might be a bad connection in the mogul socket. Make sure to disconnect the unit from the power supply, and then look inside the mogul socket for a metal tab. Pry this tab upwards a little bit to make better contact with the bulb base. For double-ended type lamp systems: Improper seating/installation of the DE lamp is by far the most common reason for malfunctions with DE systems. Disconnect the lamp cord from the ballast and unplug the ballast's power cord from the power source, then check whether the lamp is properly seated in the lamp holders. Turn your reflector upside down so that the lamp and lamp holders are facing upward. Try sliding the lamp holders to their open position (outward), repositioning the lamp and the lamp's wire ends/leads, and then re-securing the lamp by sliding the lamp holders closed again (inward, toward the lamp). The lamp's wire leads must be fully seated in their slots before sliding the socket ends closed. If uncertain about how the lamp holders work, please refer to the photos provided in the instructions (available under the Product Info tab). Wear gloves when handling the lamp to prevent fingerprints/skin oils from being left on it. If the lamp needs cleaning, use a soft dry cotton cloth to wipe off fingerprints or oils.