The Nanolux Flip ballast utilizes the latest "Nano-Alter" digital technology allowing the operation of two reflectors/lamps with one ballast!
• The first electronic ballast on the market with a built in flip relay to drive dual bulbs, eliminating the need for a separate flip relay and making your garden safer and more affordable
• Strikes both metal halide & high pressure sodium lamps
• Comprehensive short-circuit/circuit overheat/lamp failure protection
• Can be used as a single (no flip) ballast or used with dual lamps (not simultaneously) in flip mode
• The Flip ballast allows the user to safely switch one ballast to run two lights, expanding your growing area without an additional ballast equipment cost
• The first electronic ballast that allows an individual ballast to run two separate lights—one at a time—by switching back and forth between each light at a user-specified interval
I have a 1000W ballast, can I use a 400W or 600W bulb in it?
As a general rule, ballasts can only be used with bulbs that are of the same wattage rating. A 1000W ballast can only be used with a 1000W bulb, a 400W with a 400W, etc. The one exception is the Xtrasun "Dial-a-Watt" ballasts (XTEDW-), which are meant to be used with the same wattage bulb as the dimmed setting (for example, use a 600W bulb when dimmed to 600W, etc.).
Can an HPS ballast be used to power a metal halide bulb?
This is never recommended, the ballast and bulb type (wattage and HID bulb type) must match. Convertible ballasts, however, can be switched between MH and HPS modes. There is also the option of using a conversion bulb. This is a bulb that is designed to produce a MH spectrum on a HPS ballasts, or vice versa. Phantom digital ballasts can ignite HPS or MH bulbs, except for the 750W model, which is meant only for HPS.
Are my ballasts Generator-Ready?
All of the ballasts we sell are generator-ready. Generator ready ballasts include: Xtrasun ballasts, Phantom ballasts, Phantom II ballasts, Quantum ballasts